Skip to main content
- Who can make proposals for new taxonomy to the ICTV?
- Any virologist can do this. You don't need to have any position in the ICTV or be a member of any ICTV Study Group.
- By what date should I make proposals?
- The deadline for consideration of proposals at the next Executive Committee meeting (summer, 2021) will most likely be sometime in June or July, 2021. The earlier, the better!
- How do I make proposals?
- Where should I send proposals?
- What happens after I submit proposals?
- The Subcommittee chair will read them, and advise on any amendments. Your proposals will be discussed at the Executive Committee meeting, which takes place a few weeks after the submission deadline. The subcommittee chair will let you know the outcome.