Browse the ICTV virus taxonomy using an interactive, visual display.
- Use the selection box to the top left to choose the taxonomy release you want to visualize.
- Use the font size slider to increase/decrease the size of text.
- Click on a taxon name to expand and contract a taxonomic lineage.
- Pop-up boxes are displayed when hovering your cursor over a name. These provide basic information about each taxon, and a link to the taxon's history page.
- Click on a genus or subgenus name to display the species classified into that taxon.
- Species belonging to the currently selected taxon appear in the box to the right of the display.
- Click and hold to move the display around the screen.
- Zoom in and out by using the wheel on a mouse or by pinching in or out on a trackpad.
- Your computer system settings will determine the details of how you interact with the display.
- If the number of taxa are too many to fit in the window, you can use the mouse or trackpad to scroll the list up and down.